- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On a relatively quiet Thursday, CBS’ live eviction show of Big Brother topped the night in the ratings.
Big Brother (6.5 million total viewers, 2.3 rating in adults 18-49 demographic) was the most-watched and highest-rated telecast on broadcast, powering CBS for the victory in both categories. However, the hourlong episode — which saw Keith as the first evicted houseguest of the season — dipped 18 percent from last Thursday’s comparable episode. It proved to be a night of declines across the board.
ABC’s Wipeout (6.4 million, 1.8), down 10 percent, won its 8 p.m. time slot, beating out Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance (5.2 million, 1.6), which scored eight Emmy nominations early Thursday morning including Cat Deeley‘s first. Even so, SYTYCD ranked No. 1 in the hour among adults 18-34 and in the key female demos on Thursday.
Going up against Big Brother, ABC’s Expedition Impossible (4.6 million, 1.3) proved no match for the CBS summer staple, sinking 24 percent and hitting a series low. Following at 10 p.m., recently renewed cop drama Rookie Blue (5.3 million, 1.4) reached a season low. Rookie Blue managed to squeak by a repeat of CBS’ The Mentalist (6.4 million, 1.3) as the top-rated program in its time period.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day