- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Sunday, Big Brother held steady for CBS, edging out NBC’s NFL preseason coverage in the key demo.
In the 8 p.m. hour, the CBS reality staple scored a 1.8 rating, with the NFL game only notching a 1.7 rating, pending updates. But in terms of total viewers, Big Brother (6.4 million) couldn’t beat out the football game (6.8 million), which saw the San Francisco 49ers play the Minnesota Vikings.
The matchup nabbed a 4.7 in metered markets, which marks a 9 percent increase compared with NBC’s preseason game a year ago, which saw the Cincinnati Bengals take on the Jacksonville Jaguars, scoring a 4.3 in metered markets.
ABC’s Celebrity Family Feud returned after a few weeks off with a 1.2 rating, while Steve Harvey’s Funderdome (0.8 rating) and The $100,000 Pyramid (0.7 rating) held. In addition, Candy Crush remained steady with a 0.5 rating for CBS.
NBC won the night with a 1.5 rating and 6.2 million total viewers, with Fox ranking second in the demo with a 1.0 rating and fourth in viewers (2.6 million). Additionally, CBS and ABC were both third in the demo (0.9 rating), with ABC second in viewers (5.1 million) and CBS third (4.7 million.)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day