- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Interest may not be where it was back in April when Diane Sawyer‘s sit-down with Bruce Jenner set ABC’s ratings ablaze, but the E! star’s first official mention of his transition to a woman on his home network was solid.
The special Keeping Up With the Kardashians: About Bruce averaged 4.2 million viewers with live-plus-three day ratings, the biggest premiere for the Kardashian parent series since 2012. That haul puts it just behind Mad Men for ad-supported cable’s most-watched series on Sunday night.
E! just (mostly) firmed up plans for Jenner’s eight-part series. It will bow July 26, though it’s still untitled. “E! will premiere a new documentary series with Bruce Jenner living his life as a transgender woman,” reads the latest description. “The series will tell Bruce’s intimate story and will join him as he seeks out his ‘new normal.’”
Elsewhere in the E! universe, the freshman finale of scripted debut The Royals delivered 1.8 million viewers and 1.1 million adults 18-49.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
William Jackson Harper
Friends: The Reunion