- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
E! may be playing the waiting game for those precious DVR views, but time-shifting likely can’t change the tenor of I Am Cait‘s second week at bat.
The Caitlyn Jenner reality series lost more than half of its premiere haul on Sunday night, per live-plus-same-day ratings. The episode averaged 1.3 million viewers, down from 2.7 million viewers the week prior.
All told, the first episode of I Am Cait already has reached 7.7 million viewers. But that number is a combination of encores and time-shifting. The original telecast of I Am Cait‘s premiere fetched a more modest 3.9 million viewers with its first round of DVR views.
Though I Am Cait is bringing young viewers to its Sunday slot, 1.3 million viewers is lower than any episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians ever has pulled among live-plus-same-day showings.
The series opened to lofty ratings expectations, thanks in big part to the record highs Jenner brought to 20/20 with her exclusive April sit-down with Diane Sawyer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Next Big Thing
The Morning Show
The Late Show