- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Second Chance wasn’t able to get much windfall from its American Idol lead-in. The Fox midseason drama averaged just a mediocre 1.2 rating among adults 18-49 and 4.8 million viewers, despite the fact that the previous hour pulled more than double its score in the key demo (2.5 adults).
Idol, down from last week’s two-hour premiere, wasn’t the biggest thing going on the night. Bragging rights go to Modern Family, which averaged a 2.6 rating among adults 18-49. The rest of the ABC block — The Middle (1.9 adults), The Goldbergs (2.0 adults), Black-ish (1.9 adults) and American Crime (1.1 adults) — were, like Modern Family, each off a shade from last week’s episodes.
NBC’s Chicago P.D. managed to pull a season high, averaging a 2.0 rating among adults 18-49. That was a popular number for dramas, as NBC’s Law & Order: SVU and CBS’ Criminal Minds both grabbed a 2.0 in the key demo to tie season highs.
The Mysteries of Laura brought a steady 1.2 rating in the key demo on NBC, and the rest of CBS’ block included 2 Broke Girls (1.7 adults), Mike & Molly (1.6 adults) and Code Black (1.3 adults).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day