- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 2018 Winter Games perked up one last time Sunday night for the closing ceremony.
Coverage on NBC averaged a 10.0 overnight rating among households, a 15 percent improvement from the final night of competition and a six percent increase from the NBC-only coverage of the closing ceremony in Sochi four years ago.
Final Olympic averages are expected to arrive later Monday, but coverage was pulling 20.6 million nightly viewers (across channels and platforms) heading into the weekend.
Squeezing a last-minute promotional window out of the games, NBC also screened an episode of midseason comedy A.P. Bio after the coverage from Pyeongchang. It took a 4.3 overnight rating, doubling that of its Thursday premiere from a few weeks ago.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Great Expectations’ Review: Olivia Colman in an FX/Hulu Dickens Adaptation That Strains for Edginess
the tonight show
‘Succession’ Star Kieran Culkin Explains Why Roman Roy Doesn’t Seem to Understand Chairs
Tyler James Williams
Tyler James Williams Says ‘Everybody Hates Chris’ Producer Told Him He Would “Probably Never Work Again”