- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With a week under its belt, CNN’s New Day remains in a similar ratings scenario as its first outing: It’s up from the same week in 2012 but down from the most recent monthly averages.
Nielsen returns have the broadcast poised to average 302,000 viewers during its 6 to 9 a.m. block and 102,000 viewers in the key adults 25-54 demographic. That’s up a respective 53 and 15 percent from last year’s decade-plus lows which saw the network post its fifth-lowest-rated month ever in adults 25-54 — but down 21 percent and 37 percent from the most recent monthly average.
New Day, the biggest launch yet under Jeff Zucker, opened on June 17 with 247,000 viewers and 95,000 adults 25-54. The series hit a low in the demo on Thursday with just 93,000 viewers.
Hosts Chris Cuomo, Kate Bolduan and Michaela Pereira do have something to brag about in cable news rankings. Though New Day finished fourth place by both measures on its Monday opener and on Thursday, it bested HLN for the week and edged past Morning Joe in the demo.
The MSNBC series averaged 101,000 adults 25-54, just 1,000 shy of New Day.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day