- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A lot of viewers took a look Inside Amy Schumer on Wednesday night. Following a new episode of Comedy Central king Tosh.0, the series premiered to 1.6 million viewers. The series brought in 3 million viewers across three plays, making it the network’s strongest debut of 2013.
Topping all of cable’s non-sports programs in the 10:30 p.m. half-hour, the series also fetched a 1.1 rating with adults 18-49. Among the cable net’s targeted male demographics, Inside Amy Schumer bested non-sports across TV with a 2.4 rating among men 18-34 and a 2.8 rating with men 18-24.
As of Wednesday afternoon, Comedy Central also cites nearly 250,000 streams of the premiere episode on Hulu, the Comedy Central website and On Demand platforms.
From comedian Amy Schumer, the series combines standup with sketch comedy. It outranks the recently renewed Nathan for You, The Jeselnik Offensive and Kroll Show among total viewers and the targeted demos as the best launch of 2013.
Guests slated to appear during the freshman run include Jon Glaser, Michael Showalter, Amber Tamblyn, Michael Ian Black, Rob Schneider, Abby Elliott, Tig Notaro, Tom Papa, Lisa Lampanelli, Dave Attell, Will Janowitz, Nikki Glaser, Sara Schaefer and Missi Pyle.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the legend of vox machina