- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cristela premiered on ABC last night — and, for a Friday comedy, the first episode did quite well. The sitcom opened to an average 1.3 rating among adults 18-49 and 6.6 million viewers.
It topped the demo showing of lead-in Last Man Standing (1.2 adults) and narrowly scored more viewers. Cristela also tied Hawaii Five-0 (1.3 adults) as the best performer among adults 18-49 in live-plus-same-day showing. With the two comedies and steady episodes of Shark Tank (1.9 adults) and 20/20 (1.2 adults), ABC led the night with adults 18-49.
Almost all of the competition was unmoved from the prior Friday. Steady episodes of CBS’ The Amazing Race and Blue Bloods, both averaging a 1.3 adults rating, helped give the network No. 2 status for the night. NBC’s Dateline (1.0 adults) and Fox’s Utopia (0.7 adults) also held.
On The CW, Whose Line Is It Anyway (0.6 adult) improved two-tenths of a point in front of an even America’s Next Top Model (0.4 adults).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day