- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
What goes up must come down — and occasionally go back up again. The season finale of Duck Dynasty, while nowhere near the series’ record highs, was one of the biggest demo performers on all of TV on Wednesday night.
Season five wrapped with 6 million total viewers, up 28 percent from last week’s low. That’s 2.5 million viewers shy of the January season opener, but on par with its average season performance.
Duck Dynasty also showed that it continues to be a big contender in the adults 18-49 demographic. Up 33 percent from last week’s score showing, Duck Dynasty averaged 3.2 million adults under 50. Only Modern Family topped that number, making it the No. 2 show on TV and easily cable’s top performer.
Cranking out to a 2.5 rating in the key demo, Duck Dynasty beat out American Idol (2.1 adults) and Survivor (2.3 adults).
Down but not out, Duck Dynasty is still cable’s No. 1 reality series with total viewers and adults 18-49. The show heads back to A&E this summer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day