- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The wait for Sunday night’s Emmy ratings will be a little longer than usual. With the awards airing live across the country — 5 p.m. Pacific time — Nielsen’s fast-affiliate numbers for the ABC telecast aren’t accurate.
Still, the broadcast will have a tough time topping the haul of NBC’s Sunday Night Football. After getting sacked by the NFL last year, the Emmys definitely will come up shy again. The Baltimore Ravens’ thrilling comeback win over the New England Patriots pulled a 8.1 rating among adults 18-49 last night and 19.8 million viewers.
Including the 90-minute broadcast of Football Night in America (3.4 adults rating), early returns have NBC averaging a 6.4 in the demo and 15.9 million viewers.
The competition elsewhere was thin, though both CBS and Fox were boosted by NFL overrun. CBS was otherwise in encores ahead of next Sunday’s premieres. The network averaged a 3.0 rating with 18-49-ers and 11.4 million viewers.
Fox aired animation encores to the tune of a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 3.4 million viewers.
Univision averaged a 1.0 adults rating for the night.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day