- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Notching its fourth Wednesday victory in row, Fox’s Empire topped another night as the highest-rated series on TV. And while its growth may have taken a week off, the drama certainly didn’t lose any steam. Empire matched last week’s preliminary 4.3 rating among adults 18-49. (That stat grew to a 4.4 rating in final adjustments.) Among total viewers, Empire was up a tick to 11.3 million.
Fox’s success with Empire has also seen a lot of viewers return to the first episode. Ahead of full multiplatform data, the drama’s premiere episode has already reached an audience of 20.4 million viewers.
Empire‘s stability was not shared by lead-in American Idol. The Fox competition pulled a 2.9 rating among adults 18-49, falling half a point from last Wednesday. Among total viewers, Idol averaged 11 million — shy of Empire for the first time.
CBS and The CW were the only other broadcast networks to put out original episodes for the night. CBS pulled No. 2 status for the evening — led by a steady Criminal Minds (2.1 adults). The drama aired after a slightly dipping Mentalist (1.3 adults, off two-tenths of a point) and was followed by a steady Stalker (1.6 adults).
On The CW, Arrow (1.1 adults) and The 100 (0.6 adults) both held.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day