- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Empire proved that it isn’t a one-trick pony on Wednesday night. The Fox drama, which hit the season’s highest live-plus-same-day rating for a new series last week, maintained its premiere momentum in its second week — and actually managed to improve a touch.
After a steady American Idol, Empire averaged a 4.0 rating among adults 18-49 and 10.3 million viewers. That’s up from last week’s already formidable scores, which rose to a 5.3 rating in the key demo and 13.1 million viewers after three days of delayed viewing.
It’s more good news for Fox, which also saw Idol lose little steam — averaging a 2.9 rating with adults under 50 and 10.7 million viewers.
Second-place ABC saw steady outings of The Middle (2.2 adults) and Black-ish (2.0 adults), while The Goldbergs (2.3 adults) and Modern Family (3.0 adults) each slipped two-tenths of a point.
CBS’ block was also steady, with The Mentalist (1.3 adults), Criminal Minds (2.2 adults) and Stalker (1.5 adults) all holding.
The Mysteries of Laura (1.1 adults) fell two-tenths of a point on NBC, while Law & Order: SVU (1.4 adults) shed three-tenths of a point before a steady Chicago P.D. (1.5 adults).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day