- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
America’s ill-fated attempt at figure-skating gold headlined Thursday’s Sochi coverage on NBC. Fast national ratings for the primetime block again have the Winter Olympics down from Vancouver, but by some of the smaller measures this week.
The Games averaged a 4.9 rating among adults 18-49 and 19.9 million viewers. Sochi heads into the weekend down 9 percent from Vancouver in total viewers with a primetime average of 22.4 million to date.
PHOTOS: 15 Watercooler Moments From the 2014 Winter Games
Fox saw more losses for originals facing the Olympics, most notably for American Idol. The one-hour telecast averaged a 2.4 rating in the key demo — down 8 percent from Wednesday and 20 percent from last Thursday — and currently ranks as the lowest-rated ever for a regularly scheduled episode. Rake (1.0 adults), hitting a series low, shed one-tenth of a point. It was still enough for Fox to rank second for the night with an average 1.7 rating in the key demo and 6.6 million viewers.
ABC had one original with The Taste (0.9 adults), even with last week’s showing. Both CBS and The CW aired repeats.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day