- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC and Fox went head-to-head during the first night of broadcast’s summer vacation, pitting alternative offerings against one another before NBC trotted out another edition of Red Nose Day.
Fox pulled an impressive win with strong premieres for both Beat Shazam and Love Connection. Beat Shazam, with host Jamie Foxx, was the night’s top player in the key demo with a 1.2 rating among adults 18-49. It also averaged 3.6 million viewers before the Andy Cohen update on Love Connection earned a 1.1 rating in the demo and 3.4 million viewers.
It’s promising news for Fox’s summer freshmen, which managed to top the Big Four in both hours.
NBC placed a close No. 2, thanks to special editions of American Ninja Warrior (1.1 adults) and Running Wild With Bear Grylls (0.9 adults). As for the philanthropic special that followed, Red Nose Day 2017 averaging a 0.7 rating among adults 18-49 and 2.7 million viewers. That was enough to win the 10 o’clock hour because, well, it was the only broadcast original in the time slot.
Both NBC and Fox faced daunting competition from TNT coverage of the NBA Conference Finals game between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day