- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox’s summer dance show So You Think You Can Dance slipped a bit in the ratings for its second episode of the season.
Though SYTYCD easily pushed Fox for the Wednesday victory in total viewers and the adults 18-49 demographic, the competition series averaged 8.4 million viewers and a 3.0 rating — down from the season premiere.
Compared with last season, SYTYCD outperformed last year’s Wednesday premiere by double digits in viewers and teens. More importantly, last night’s episode was the franchise’s most-watched Wednesday telecast since mid-June 2009.
NBC aired the NHL Stanley Cup Finals, which pit the Boston Bruins against the Vancouver Canucks in Game 1. The Canucks won 1-0. Last night’s telecast drew the highest overnight ratings for a Game averaging a 3.2 — up 16 percent from last year (Philadelphia-Chicago, 2.8) and the highest since Fox’s 1999 telecast of Buffalo-Dallas when it drew a 3.7.
Boston was the highest-rated market with a 25.5 rating, the top-rated hockey game in that city in more than a decade. It also topped last year’s Game 1 of the NBA Finals between the Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers (19.1).
ABC, CBS and the CW aired repeats.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day