- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Game of Thrones will likely surpass 20 million viewers once all plays — linear, on-demand, encores, DVR, HBO Go, HBO Now — are taken into account, which will top the current 19.8 million tally of viewers who tuned in to every season five episode and the 19.1 million tally from season four that broke the previous record set by The Sopranos.
Elsewhere, Silicon Valley wrapped its sophomore run a hair better than its first season with 6 million viewers. Veep also lost little steam in its fourth run, averaging 4.1 million viewers.
Sunday’s 11 p.m. offering, Last Week Tonight With John Oliver, continues to improve. It’s averaging 4.6 million viewers, distancing itself from the also-improved Real Time With Bill Maher (4 million viewers).
HBO Films’ Queen Latifah vehicle, Bessie, has also brought in more than 7 million viewers since its May 16 debut.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Next Big Thing
The Morning Show
The Late Show