- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oxygen’s The Glee Project continued its march toward a renewal, setting series highs in viewership and key demos with Sunday’s season finale.
More than 1.2 million total viewers tuned in to see all four finalists go home with roles on Fox’s Glee, according to Nielsen Media Research.
The episode, where Damian McGinty and Samuel Larsen won seven-episode guest arcs on Glee and runners-up Lindsay Pearce and Alex Newell each earned two-episode stints, became Oxygen’s most-watched freshman season finale ever among total viewers.
Since its sluggish June 12 premiere opposite the Tony Awards, where it drew a mere 455,000 total viewers, the series is up 172 percent in total viewers and 174 percent in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic.
Glee Project executive producer Michael Davies said earlier this month that he’s “confident” the reality series will get a second-season pickup.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day