- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The East Coast’s much-feared storm prompted several weather coverage preemptions in many markets on Monday — which proved to be a steady and evenly matched race for the Big Four.
Narrowly in first place among adults 18-49 for the night was ABC with a steady outing of The Bachelor. Monday’s top show, it averaged a 2.2 rating among adults 18-49 and 7.9 million viewers.
Fox had a new episode of Gotham (2.1 adults) and Sleepy Hollow (1.4 adults) — both of them in line with last week’s scores. The NBC combo of Celebrity Apprentice (1.8 adults) and State of Affairs (1.0 adults) also held.
The annual Super Bowl’s Greatest Commercials special (2.1 adults) ticked up two-tenths of a point from last year’s score on CBS.
Modestly improved episodes of The Originals (0.7 adults) and Jane the Virgin (0.6 adults) gave The CW an especially good night. The network earned its most watched Monday in more than three years with an average 1.65 million viewers, while the key demo hit a two-year high of a 0.7 rating for the night. For Jane the Virgin, it marked the series’ best showing since its premiere.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day