- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC won Sunday night in the key 18-49 demo with a 2.5 rating thanks to Diane Sawyer’s first interview with kidnapping victim Jaycee Dugard.
The Primetime special, which aired from 9 to 11 p.m. ET, rated a 3.7 in the demo and attracted 14.8 million viewers. The special was TV’s most-watched summer newsmagazine telecast in seven years.
Fox came in second place with a 1.4 rating. Reruns of Family Guy (1.8, 3.8 million viewers) and American Dad (1.5, 3.2 million viewers) were the highest-rated program of the night among men 18-34.
CBS tied with Fox, also scoring a 1.4 rating. Big Brother, which premiered in its new time slot, from 8 to 9 p.m., and was up 4 percent over its July 7 episode (2.5, 7.2 million viewers). It was the best ever Sunday premiere for the show and its highest total viewers.
Univision came in third with a 0.8 rating.
NBC was in fourth with a 0.7 rating. The Marriage Ref was down 33 percent from last week with its lowest-rated original ever (0.8, 2 million viewers).
Below, demo ratings and total viewers by network:
· America’s Funniest Home Videos (R): 1.2/ 5.6 million viewers
· Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (R): 1.3/ 5.6 million viewers
· ABC News: Diane Sawyer: Jaycee Dugard (S): 3.7/ 14.8 million viewers
· American Dad (R): 0.8/ 1.8 million viewers
· Bob’s Burgers (R): 0.9/ 1.8 million viewers
· The Simpsons (R): 1.6/ 3.5 million viewers
· The Cleveland Show (R): 1.5/ 3.1 million viewers
· Family Guy (R): 1.8/ 3.8 million viewers
· American Dad (R): 1.5/ 3.2 million viewers
· 60 Minutes: 1.1/ 8.2 million viewers
· Big Brother: 2.5/ 7.2 million viewers
· Undercover Boss (R): 1.1/ 4 million viewers
· CSI: Miami (R): 1.1/ 4.6 million viewers
· Dateline (R): 0.9/ 4.7 million viewers
· America’s Got Talent (R): 0.5/ 2.4 million viewers
· The Marriage Ref: 0.8/ 2 million viewers
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene