- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jimmy Kimmel might want to offend more celebrities.
The ABC late-night host, who incurred the Twitter wrath of Kanye West just two weeks ago after mocking an interview hew gave to BBC Radio 1, welcomed the rapper to Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Wednesday night — and the broadcast gave him new ratings highs.
Posting his highest early returns since moving to the 11:35 p.m. slot earlier this year, Kimmel averaged a dominant 1.2 rating with adults 18-49 according to markets with Local People Meters — besting NBC’s The Tonight Show With Jay Leno (0.7 adults) by 71 percent and CBS’ The Late Show With David Letterman (0.5 adults) by 140 percent.
Kimmel’s highs exclude the boosts he received in June from his NBA Finals lead-in, but Kanye’s sit-down also gave the episode wins in all 10 of the top U.S. TV Markets — including New York, where Live! averaged a 1.6 rating in the demo.
Among households, Kimmel still placed second to perennial winner Jay Leno. All three hosts were relatively evenly matched, with Leno’s 2.6 rating topping Kimmel’s 2.5 and Letterman’s 2.4.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Midnight Club