- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
True crime seems unlikely to ever be overly mined for the broadcast networks, and Thursday night proved no exception. Airing against Thursday Night Football on the NFL Network and CBS’ Big Brother, ABC doc Truth and Lies: The Murder of Laci Peterson proved to be a solid draw.
The two-hour special averaged a 1.1 rating among adults 18-49, a 1.5 rating in the news-friendly adults 25-54 demo and nearly 5 million viewers, giving ABC a nearly three-month (read: summer) high for the time period.
Big Brother nabbed the Big Four’s top hails for the evening — a 1.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 6 million viewers — while lead-out Zoo took a flat 0.5 rating.
Fox aired new episodes of Beat Shazam (0.7 adults) and Love Connection (0.6 adults), and the CW offered up new Penn & Teller: Fool Us (0.4 adults) and Whose Line Is It Anyway? (0.3 adults). All four were steady with their most recent outings.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day