- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With the end now clearly in sight, the 2018 Winter Games got another ratings lift on Tuesday night.
NBC’s coverage in Pyeongchang perked up to a 13.9 overnight rating among households on both the broadcast network and NBC Sports Network.
Though that’s down from the near-highs of last Tuesday’s coverage, it was up from both the previous night and Sochi four years ago. The latter lift, a 16 percent improvement, should do some to soften the overall losses of this Winter Games.
Going into Tuesday night, NBC’s Pyeongchang coverage was averaging 21.1 million viewers in primetime once all views were tallied. The Games are averaging a 12 percent lift with digital views. (Monday’s 13.2 overnight rating ultimately translated to 18.6 million viewers.)
ABC was the only network to offer up new counterprogramming. And The Bachelor Winter Games actually managed a series high, ticking up to a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 and 3.2 million viewers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day