- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ellen DeGeneres may have pulled in boffo ratings by hosting the Academy Awards on Sunday night, but she was not the top dog come Monday. The latest syndicated ratings have DeGeneres’ daytime talk show’s live Oscar special narrowly losing to Live With Kelly and Michael‘s Oscar outing.
Live-plus-same-day ratings among metered markets give Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan‘s show a 4.9 rating among households on Monday. That makes it the No. 1 syndicated talk show of the day, narrowly besting Ellen‘s 4.8 rating, and places it as the highest-rated telecast since Regis Philbin co-hosted his final episode in November 2011.
PHOTOS: Backstage at the Oscars
Kelly and Michael also fetched over a two-year high among women 25-54, with an average 2.5 rating, though Ellen had the advantage in the key daytime demo. She averaged a 2.7 rating among targeted women. Among women 18-49, Ellen averaged an all-time record of a 2.1 rating.
The surge marks more positive ratings in the ABC portfolio. Kelly and Michael, produced by Disney-ABC Domestic Television, is largely syndicated on ABC affiliates. On Sunday night, after the Oscars, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel averaged his best ratings ever with his own Academy Awards special.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day