- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s coverage of the 2012 London Games continue to be stronger than the most recent summer games. Sunday night’s delayed broadcasts of women’s gymnastics, men’s relay swimming and more brought in 35 million viewers and a 11.4 rating among adults 18-49, according to fast affiliate ratings. That’s up two percent from the comparable broadcast from Beijing in 2008.
The contest for a distant second went to Fox. With encores of its animation block, the network averaged a 1.2 adults rating and 2.5 million viewers.
Univision and CBS split third place in the demo, averaging a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49. CBS had a 60 Minutes encore (0.8 adults rating), a slightly lower Big Brother (1.8 adults rating) from last Sunday and a very soft official debut for reality series 3. The episode was down nearly 40 percent from Thursday’s preview special, posting a 0.5 rating among 18-49-ers.
Repeats of America’s Funniest Home Videos, Secret Millionaire and Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition for a 0.6 adults rating and 2.4 million viewers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day