- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Great news for a CBS: a rising Masters finale, up 14 percent from 2017, assisted its Sunday lineup — doubling 60 Minutes‘ score from the previous week to tie American Idol.
Final numbers for Patrick Reed’s Augusta National victory won’t arrive until later on Monday, but the highlight of the PGA calendar was the biggest thing going over the weekend with an overnight 8.7 rating among metered market households. That helped 60 Minutes, which started on time, jump more than 100 percent to a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49. The series also scored 10.8 million viewers, leading primetime.
CBS neighbors Instinct (0.9 adults), NCIS: Los Angeles (0.9 adults) and Madam Secretary (0.6 adults) also saw lifts, but ABC ultimately took bragging rights in the key demo. The network saw an even episode of American Idol earn a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 7.2 million viewers. Deception took a 0.7 rating.
On NBC, Dateline (0.6 adults) took a small hit before even episodes of Little Big Shots (0.8 adults), Genius Junior (0.7 adults) and Timeless (0.6 adults). Fox had new episodes of Bob’s Burgers (0.8 adults), The Simpsons (0.9 adults), Brooklyn Nine-Nine (0.8 adults), Family Guy (0.9 adults) and Last Man on Earth (0.7 adults).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day