- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Awkward eased into its new Tuesday time slot last night on par with its 2012 opener.
The MTV comedy, created by Lauren Iungerich and starring Jenna Hamilton, kicked off its third with 2.14 million viewers over back-to-back episodes at 10 p.m. That’s down a touch from last June’s 2.2 million premiere but on par with the August finale.
It also marks an improvement in the cable network’s targeted younger demo of those ages 12-34. The episode averaged a 2.3 rating in the key demo, up five percent for the series’ highest premiere showing to date.
Awkward also topped all broadcasts across television for the day among teenagers, averaging 4.0 and 3.9 ratings during the respective broadcasts.
Elsewhere in cable, and on the opposite end of the spectrum, Discovery’s venerable Deadliest Catch returned for its ninth season up a whopping 28 percent from last year’s premiere. The 9 p.m. broadcast averaged 3.47 million viewers and an extremely competitive 1.8 rating with adults 18-49.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day