- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Warriors’ Game 2 win over the Cavaliers, steady with the 2015 NBA Finals, obliterated any semblance of broadcast competition on Sunday night.
Despite another wide margin of victory for the Golden State, the game averaged a 12.4 overnight rating among metered markets — in line with the comparable showdown last year. The San Francisco market, clearly enjoying the hot streak, tied Cleveland as the most-watched local market on Sunday with a 32.1 rating among households.
Tentative returns among adults 18-49, sure to jump once time zone adjustments arrive, give the game an already formidable 5.1 rating in the key demo.
Competition was especially thin, with the Miss USA pageant bringing a 1.1 rating among adults 18-49 and 4 million viewers to Fox. The pageant aired on Reelz in 2015, after a tumultuous falling out with once-owner Donald Trump, and its return to broadcast brought a drop from the 2014 showing.
News zines 60 Minutes (0.8 adults, 8 million viewers) and Dateline (0.5 adults, 4 million) were the only other new entries on broadcast.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day