- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Football fans stayed up late for Saturday Night Live.
After overtime pushed the Packers-Cardinals game well past primetime, Saturday Night Live aired nearly 45 minutes later than its typical time slot on Saturday — or Sunday, as it were. Early returns have it hitting a two-year high among adults 18-49. The 3.0 rating and 15 share in the key demo, per Local People Meters, was the show’s biggest delivery among the younger set since a 2014 outing saw a similar NFL boost.
The episode likely won’t touch Donald Trump’s overall audience, however. The GOP frontrunner’s November appearance hit a 6.6 overnight rating among households. (This week’s scores are tentative, but it is at least a full point behind Trump.)
Adam Driver’s first time at the SNL bat got a huge lift from football. The Cardinals’ overtime win over the Packers averaged a 20.3 rating in metered market households, making it the second-best showing for a primetime NFL divisional playoff on record.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day