- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC scored a Monday win on the back of The Bachelorette, also using its summer hit to launch new series The Proposal.
Another dating show from Bachelor/Bachelorette maestro Mike Fleiss, The Proposal earned a modest 0.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 3.9 million viewers in its first hour. Neither number is at all awful for a summer debut, though the network was clearly hoping to squeeze a little more retention from its like-minded lead-in.
The Bachelorette owned the night with a flat 1.4 rating among adults 18-49 and 5.7 million viewers.
NBC won the 10 o’clock hour, facing The Proposal, with the second half of American Ninja Warrior. All in all, the competition averaged a 1.0 rating in the key demo and 4.3 million viewers. That was after an even lead-in from Running Wild With Bear Grylls (0.7 adults).
Elsewhere, Fox dropped a new So You Think You Can Dance (0.8 adults), the CW put out Supergirl (0.5 adults) and Whose Line Is It Anyway? (0.3 adults) and CBS offered up an even Elementary (0.6 adults).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day