- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
More Super Bowl counterprogramming ratings are in, and among Sunday’s big winners is Animal Planet. The cable network’s perennially hyped — and charmingly low-budget — Puppy Bowl hit an all-time ratings high.
The tenth iteration of the Puppy Bowl topped all of cable for the night, bringing in a total 13.5 million viewers over its 12-hour marathon — six consecutive broadcasts.
Averaging 3.3 million viewers during the premiere two-hour block at 3 p.m. ET, going against the 3:30 start of the big game, Puppy Bowl X improved its showing from a year ago by 24 percent. The canine face-off brought in 1.3 million adults 18-49.
Puppy Bowl X also improved the franchise’s digital footprint. The streaming brought in more than 500,000 unique visitors, an improvement of 15 percent.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
the tonight show