- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Without much in the way of marquee events, ratings for Olympic coverage out of Pyeongchang dropped to a new low on Saturday night.
Sinking 20 percent from Friday, the coverage earned an overnight 10.4 rating among households for NBC and NBC Sports’ shared efforts. Compared to just NBC in 2014 for the Sochi Games, the night was steady.
Saturday’s drop came after three nights of incredibly steady ratings for NBC, where full-audience (including streaming) figures stood at just over 19 million viewers. The second Saturday will certainly miss that mark.
Coverage never really popped at any one point, peaking at only a 10.7 rating with the men’s short track competition.
NBC’s 2018 Olympic coverage heads into its second Sunday with an average 22.2 million viewers, still trailing Sochi by roughly 6 percent.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media