- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox nabbed a Wednesday victory with a steady outing of Empire. The drama topped all other broadcast offerings with an average 1.8 rating among adults 18-49. (Star followed with a 1.3 rating in the key demo.)
Just behind Empire were similarly steady episodes of CBS’ Survivor and ABC’s Modern Family — each of which averaged a 1.7 rating among adults 18-49. But CBS beat ABC to No. 2 status for the night, even if SEAL Team dipped to a low 1.0 rating before an even Criminal Minds (1.1 adults). ABC’s other comedies — The Goldbergs (1.4 adults), Speechless (1.1 adults), American Housewife (1.4 adults) — were also steady, as was Designated Survivor (0.8 adults). The narrative at NBC was largely the same, where The Blacklist (0.9 adults), Law & Order: SVU (1.2 adults) and Chicago P.D. (1.1 adults) were all virtually unmoved from their performances last week.
Riverdale may have been the night’s biggest week-to-week loser, shedding two-tenths of a ratings point, but its average 0.6 rating among adults 18-49 was still a 50 percent improvement from its comparable season-one showing. The second episode of Dynasty held its 0.3 rating in the demo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day