- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Roseanne finally took a sizable hit Tuesday, losing the night’s audience crown to NCIS after a week’s hiatus from the air.
The ABC comedy landed with 10.3 million viewers and a 2.5 rating among adults 18-49, with respective spills of 23 and 26 percent. It’s the first big drop for Roseanne since it returned to the air with the biggest scripted telecast of the season.
Roseanne‘s status as the top broadcast series of the year seems to be in little danger, dips or not. With the latest live-plus-3 averages for its first five episodes, its average 6.1 rating among adults 18-49 outpaces that of NBC’s This Is Us by a sizable 30 percent.
Among live telecasts, Roseanne was the easy winner among adults 18-49 Tuesday, pacing a full point higher than No. 2 The Middle (1.5 adults). But its diminished total audience meant that NCIS bested it in that race by 1.8 million viewers. It’s a close call as to who will finish No. 2 in adjusted ratings this afternoon, but CBS’ Bull currently ties Roseanne‘s audience tally for the night.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power