- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With no shortage of buzz leading into its season premiere, thanks to months of unspoofed political theater courtesy of the presidential race, Saturday Night Live returned to boosted ratings this weekend.
The 41st season of the NBC show, which featured a guest appearance by Hillary Clinton, rose 13 percent from the comparable premiere a year ago for a 4.5 overnight rating among metered-market households. That’s also a 18 percent boost from the May finale, likely meaning it will wind up as the show’s most-watched episode since January.
Hosted by Miley Cyrus, the show nabbed a 2.0 rating among adults 18-49 — per local people meters. That’s steady with its 2014 premiere showing in the demo (2.1 rating).
Saturday Night Live‘s hosting roster over the coming weeks also includes a debut on the show for Amy Schumer (with musical guest The Weeknd) and a return for Tracy Morgan. The former castmember has made few public appearances since a 2014 highway accident that left him seriously injured.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day