- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Olivia Pope and Jimmy Kimmel are quite the pair. After seeing Thursday ratings boosts after original episodes of Scandal all season, Jimmy Kimmel Live! hit a time-slot high after the April 17 season finale of the ABC drama.
Going whole hog on Scandal tie-ins since the show returned from its midseason break in February and boasting weekly interviews with cast members, the partnership culminated with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Behind the Scandalabra. Against repeats of Tonight and The Late Show, and with an appearance from Scandal showrunner Shonda Rhimes, ABC easily ranked as the night’s top late-night talker.
The episode averaged a 1.4 rating among adults 18-49, according to the 25 markets with Local People Meters. Kimmel hasn’t seen such a strong demo showing at 11:35 p.m. since he moved to the competitive hour in January 2013.
Among households, Kimmel earned a 3.4 rating.
The big play comes as the host currently ranks No. 2 in the demo among the 11:35 p.m. crowd — a race that is about to get even more interesting with David Letterman likely to see lifts as he heads into the final stretch.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day