- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
For one of the first times in the debate cycle, a GOP showdown had to go up against a robust schedule of broadcast originals. The results brought drops for all parties.
As the Fox Business Network debate slipped to a low for the Republicans (still likely 10 million-plus viewers with an overnight 7.4 rating with households), American Idol dropped 20 percent from last Thursday to a 2.2 rating among adults 18-49 and 8.7 million viewers.
CBS managed to hold steady with The Big Bang Theory, likely because it did not face the GOP directly, averaging a dominant 3.7 rating in the key demo. Life in Pieces (2.0 adults), Mom (1.7 adults) and Elementary (1.1 adults) held steady — though Angel From Hell sunk 19 percent to a 1.3 rating among adults 18-49.
Steady episodes of Heroes Reborn (1.0 adults) and The Blacklist (1.5 adults) were followed by a steep drop for Shades of Blue. The new drama, which saw substantial time-shifting for its first outing, was down 28 percent to a 1.3 rating in the key demo.
Beyond the Tank nabbed another 1.0 rating with adults 18-49 on ABC, but My Diet Is Better Than Yours slipped to a weak 0.6 rating.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day