- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Saturday’s outing for Sharknado brought in 2.1 million viewers. That’s up from the modest 1.4 million who tuned in to the inaugural telecast and the 1.9 million who watched the July 17 encore.
Syfy has already given a green light to a New York-set Sharknado sequel, scheduled to premiere in July 2014, and the flick is even getting a limited late-night run in cinemas.
Among adults 25-54 and 18-49, this latest Sharknado repeat brought in a respective 863,000 and 791,000 viewers — and with a 1.4 rating among households, it stands as the most-watched encore of a Syfy original in network history.
And the network is not shying away from promoting the movie. Syfy plugged the 9 p.m. encore of Sharnado with an all-day Sharkathon, which included “classics” such as Sharktopus, Two-Headed Shark Attack and Swamp Shark. That brought in 1.1 million viewers, up 50 percent from the year-to-date average.
Syfy has promised that this summer’s final encore of Sharknado will air on Aug. 22 ahead of original movie Ghost Shark.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day