- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wednesday proved to be relatively uneventful as ABC’s annual Most Fascinating People special topped the night with a 2.1 rating among adults 18-49. Following comedy encores, Barbara Walters‘ latest installment in the yearly franchise was steady with its 2012 performance. The host will retire in the spring, so this marked her final outing. ABC averaged a 1.8 rating with adults 18-49 and 7.2 million viewers.
NBC’s The Sing-Off, again softer without its Voice lead-in, still managed to top the performance finale of The X Factor with a 1.6 adults rating — down two-tenths of a point from last week. Michael Buble‘s Christmas special (1.3 adults) was within a tenth of a point of last year’s outing. NBC took a 1.5 adults rating and 5.3 million viewers.
The X Factor (1.3 adults) hit an all-time Wednesday low with its performance finale, falling 52 percent from last December’s comparable episode (2.7 adults). The Fox series averaged 5 million total viewers.
After CBS’ annual Home for the Holidays special (0.6 adults), down two-tenths from last year, encores gave the network an average 1.0 rating with adults 18-49 and 5.96 million viewers for the night.
The CW’s iHeartRadio Jingle Ball special averaged a 0.6 rating with adults 18-49 and 1.4 million viewers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day