- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After Monday’s big night for NBC Olympic coverage — the primetime block bested all second Monday Winter Olympics since Salt Lake City in 2002 — Sochi’s showing again dipped below Vancouver.
For Tuesday, Fast National returns give NBC’s Winter Olympics coverage an average 4.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 18.5 million viewers — respective drops of 11 and 13 percent from the 2010 games. It also marked a steep loss of 5 million viewers from Monday. Still outperforming Torino in total viewers, the demo lag behind the last time-delayed Olympics is widening. Sochi now stands 8 percent shy of the 2006 Italian games.
Competition was again at a minimum, though Fox programmed a special American Idol. With an average 2.7 rating among adults 18-49 and 9.6 million viewers, it proved a much safer bet than its comedy block when faced with Sochi.
The rest of the nets were in repeats, though ABC did air another Killer Women. The drama, averaging just a 0.6 rating in the demo, was down a tenth of a point for another series low.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day