- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sons of Anarchy capped off its penultimate season is a suitably big fashion. The episode, the series’ most-watched finale to date, fetched 5.2 million viewers in its original telecast.
The episode drew 3.5 million adults 18-49, climbing to a cumulative 4.3 million with an encore factored in. (The series grossed 6.4 million total viewers over the two telecasts.)
Sons of Anarchy comes shy of its all-time record for an original FX telecast, the 5.87 million viewers it brought it with its September premiere, but it easily outpaces previous finales. Sons of Anarchy also sees the obligatory lifts from DVR use. Most current returns give the series an average 7.3 million viewers. An average 5.0 million adults 18-49 also makes it basic cable’s number three scripted player for 2013 — behind The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad.
The series kicks off its seventh and final season in fall 2014 — with American Horror Story currently pacing as FX’s ratings heir apparent.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day