- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC managed to topple ABC on Memorial Day with Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Early returns have the Pittsburgh Penguins’ win topping the night in the key demo — as The Bachelorette audience opts not to stick around for Shonda Rhimes‘ latest drama.
The Stanley Cup Finals averaged a tentative 1.6 rating among adults 18-49 on Monday night. That put the hockey game just a tenth of a point above ABC’s The Bachelorette. The dating show, shifting into its regular time slot, slipped to a 1.5 rating in the key demo on the holiday night. (The Bachelorette typically sees its season low on Memorial Day.)
The real bad news was saved for Still Star-Crossed. ABC’s delayed drama, from programming powerhouse Rhimes, limped in with a 0.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 2.4 million viewers. The period drama hasn’t gotten a particularly aggressive pitch, but the numbers are disappointing all the same.
Fox’s scripted efforts — Gotham and Lucifer, each with a 0.9 rating — put it at No. 3 for the night. The CW put out a new season of Whose Line Is It Anyway to the tune of a 0.2 rating in the key demo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day