- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It might be miles shy of the NBA, but Monday’s series-ending Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final was a winner for NBC.
With overnights at a high 5.6 rating, preliminary stats on total viewers (7.9 million) and adults 18-49 (2.8 rating) have the game far ahead of broadcast’s reality offerings for the night. (In the key demo, the game is pacing 47 percent higher than the Game 5 series ender in 2014.)
A victory for the Chicago Blackhawks, it also marks the third-highest-rated Game 6 in Stanley Cup history — trailing only 2010 and 2013.
Fast nationals have The Bachelorette placing a distant second, averaging a steady 1.8 rating among adults 18-49 on ABC. The Whispers (0.9 adults) was steady with its last same-day showing.
Fox saw So You Think You Can Dance lifted two-tenths of a point and averaging a 1.3 rating in the key demo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Monsters at Work