- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sunday Night Football has room for improvement before the regular NFL season wraps next weekend. Though it was still the biggest thing going at the end of the holiday weekend, NBC’s telecast of the Giants-Vikings game marked a season low for the franchise.
With a blowout game, the Vikings topping the Giants by 32 points, SNF averaged a 11.5 rating among metered market households. That’s just a hair shy of the previous season low shared by two other games with lopsided scores from November and last Sunday.
Final ratings will reveal how great NBC’s margin of victory in the key demographic of adults 18-49 was, but there was virtually zero competition from the broadcast networks.
CBS was the only other member of the Big Four to put out original content. Without the aid of NFL overrun for a lead-in, new episodes of 60 Minutes and Undercover Boss each walked away from the night with an average 1.4 rating among adults 18-49.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day