- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The long Thanksgiving weekend wrapped with a solid showing for the NFL on NBC.
Sunday Night Football, which brought a close 31-28 victory for the Pittsburgh Steelers over the Green Bay Packers, earned a 12.2 overnight rating among households for the network. That marked a marginal 3 percent improvement from the comparable game in 2016 — and an unfortunate 10 percent fall from last Sunday. (On the bright side, it was a 25 percent lift from the last technical outing of Sunday Night Football, a middling affair which aired on Thanksgiving night.)
NFL overage offered a solid assist to the CBS lineup, of which 60 Minutes will come out on top once ratings adjustments arrive. Fox’s telecast of the Miss Universe pageant did fairly well in its return to December. After a January outing earlier this year to avoid NFL competition, it returned down a shade to a 1.3 rating among adults 18-49 and 4.4 million viewers.
ABC’s new entries were episodes of America’s Funniest Home Videos (1.2 adults) and Shark Tank (1.0 adults).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day