- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Two of Wednesday’s biggest series returned to the dial on Wednesday night.
First, at 8 p.m, CBS aired the 500th — 500th! — episode of Survivor. With an average 1.7 rating among adults 18-49 and nearly 8 million viewers, the grandfather of all reality shows was down from the most recent two cycles. That dip was a steep six-tenths of a point from the fall, though only off two-tenths of a point from the last spring run’s premiere. (Criminal Minds spinoff Beyond Borders also returned to the network at 10 p.m., down to a 0.9 rating in the key demo.)
With the big victor of the last week-plus (NBC) airing repeats, ABC scored a Wednesday win with its foursome of comedies and the return of Designated Survivor. The drama brought a steady 1.3 rating among adults 18-49 and 5.9 million viewers. The series has been one of the most significantly time-shifted of the season.
Elsewhere, on ABC, The Goldbergs (1.7 adults), Speechless (1.5 adults), Modern Family (1.9 adults) and Black-ish (1.4 adults) were all steady.
On Fox, Star earned an even 1.1 rating among adults 18-49.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day