- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
ABC played a big hand on Thursday night with returning game shows and the launch of drama Take Two.
Unfortunately for the new procedural, it followed the recent trend of soft summer scripted launches — coming in with a 0.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 3.4 million viewers. The Gong Show, in its second season opener, pulled the same modest score in the key demo and lost its head-to-head battle with NBC’s Little Big Shots and Fox’s The Four.
Match Game performed the best for ABC, perking up to a 0.7 rating among adults 18-49 at 9 o’clock.
CBS and Fox split a demo win for the night — with Fox airing a new episode of The Four (0.7 adults) and CBS airing repeats.
NBC posted an original Little Big Shots (0.7 adults) and two episodes of Marlon (0.6 adults).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Yellowjackets’ Star on Filming the Cannibalism and Death in Season 2 Finale: “Seven Hours of Crying”
Bill Hader on Turning Point for Barry in the HBO Series: “A Nice Reminder That He’s Not a Good Guy”
‘Succession’ Star Peter Friedman Reveals His Pick for Logan Roy’s Successor, Says Some Fans Are “on the Right Track”
Rachel Brosnahan on the Legacy ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ Leaves Behind: “Stories Being Told About Women, by Women”