- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC did not need This Is Us to win Tuesday night, though The Voice certainly helped.
A one-hour outing of the singing competition, dipping three-tenths of a ratings point from last week, was still tops among adults 18-49. It averaged a 2.2 rating in the key demo. And while that number may be far smaller than that of last week’s This Is Us finale, it proved to be a better lead-in for freshman comedy Trial & Error. In its second night, with two back-to-back episodes, the show was lifted in its move to 9 p.m. with a 1.2 and a 1.1 rating in the key demo.
Trial & Error also won its time slot, though it was stacked against repeats on CBS and ABC. An episode of Chicago Fire followed with a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49.
New Girl, The Mick and Bones all averaged a 0.8 rating among adults 18-49 on Fox. For Bones, airing its penultimate episode, the score was an improvement from the week prior. Speaking of improvement, Legends of Tomorrow was up to a 0.6 rating on the CW after a steady episode of The Flash (0.9 adults).
On ABC, there was one original telecast for the night in People Icons. It averaged a 0.7 rating in the key demo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day