- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s plans for Friday comedy, the lone night where it’s plugged in half-hours on the fall schedule, is off to a soft start.
After Undateable kept steady with its modest season premiere last night, averaging a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 and 3.2 million viewers, the launch of Truth Be Told went even lower. The freshman comedy averaged a weak 0.7 rating in the key demo and 2.6 million viewers for its first episode.
Friday series are judged on a much more lenient curve, but that does not change the fact that ABC is having considerably better luck with sitcoms in the same 8 p.m. hour. Last Man Standing and the surprisingly robust Dr. Ken, each averaged a steady 1.3 rating among adults 18-49 at 8 and 8:30 p.m., respectively.
Combined with Shark Tank, which also nabbed a 1.3 rating in the key demo, ABC locked another demo win for the night.
CBS’ block was steady as ever, with a new Amazing Race (1.1 adults), Hawaii Five-0 (1.0 adults) and Blue Bloods (1.1 adults).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day