- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Undateable did OK. A summer premiere for a comedy these days is almost a guarantee to open below a 1.0 rating in the key demo, but the latest addition to Bill Lawrence‘s TV portfolio earned a 1.3 rating with adults 18-49. And it held that rating in the second of two back-to-back episodes.
Undateable‘s premiere is so un-awful, it stands as the highest-rated summer debut for Big Four comedy in five years — albeit all but one of the summer comedies in that time period was also on NBC. It also outperformed its Hollywood Game Night (1.2 adults) lead-in. Last Comic Standing (1.6 adults), mostly steady with last week’s two-hour premiere, tied Hell’s Kitchen for the night’s top broadcast original — though bragging rights still go to Big Bang Theory reruns. All in all, the latest solid summer debut for NBC helped the network earn an average 1.3 rating in the key demo for the night.
Also averaging a 1.3 in the demo was Fox. Hell’s Kitchen (1.6 adults) and Gang Related (0.9 adults) both matched last week’s scores — and while Gang Related is still very low, the week-two retention is something to brag about.
The night’s only other new outing was ABC’s Black Box at 10 p.m. — which again slipped another tenth of a point, down to a 0.7 rating with adults 18-49.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day